Okay, Boolings, so I’m not quite up to speed yet. Every second Wednesday is better than no Wednesday Wonders at all though, right? I’m working on it. To be fair, last week I was in the midst of a CRAZY work week. The weekend leading up involved 18 hours of sleep in 3 days, seven early morning (and by early, I mean 4:30am) starts, and a bucket load of exhaustion. Go easy on me this time?
That aside, it’s been a great couple of weeks, with a lot of laughter and love thrown in to keep me from going off the deep end. Some of the happiness came from:
- My rasta ankle bracelet – with bells! Mama Boo calls me Tinkerbell every time I walk down the stairs, and I can’t sneak up on my boss anymore, for which he’s very grateful.
- Taking Care of Business… I.E. Self-love, focus, satisfaction.
- Rubber Duc playing at the Granite Rock Beer Garden a couple of Sundays ago. It was just the right amount of fun, the guys were all great, I made new friends and got in The Zone, and I got a signed album from the band. All in all, a great, if exhausting, day.
- A very unexpected blast from the past, in the form of a phone call from an old friend I hadn’t spoken to for a good 18 months. We didn’t stop talking because of drama or anything, just life happening and time ticking away as it does. So reconnecting out of the blue was absolutely fantastic, and left me with a very warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. Also: SO MUCH SKINNER! HAHA It was a good laugh.
- Fresh sheets. Is there any better way to sleep?
- Disconnecting from drama. It’s so easy to become embroiled in other people’s issues without even realising it’s happening, and it’s happened to me many times. It’s exhausting and draining, and I just don’t have energy for it, so now, when I see it building, I actively disengage. My life is simpler and happier than it’s been in years, and I’m not going to sacrifice that for anyone else’s small worlds.
- My sister from another mister. I honestly don’t know what I would do without this babe in my life.
- That feeling of quiet pride when making better choices for myself, when I’m used to making shitty ones.
- The Stand. I’m a Stephen King junkie/fangirl, and I can’t hide it. I got this book, which I’ve been looking for for at least two years, on the cheap, and I’ve DEVOURED it. I finished it yesterday, and it was glorious.
- Ginger kitties are life. Our last two ginger babies found a home ten days ago, so it’s just the mamas left with us at the office now. And Ginger (very original, I know)… Well, she adores me. She gets so worked up when I give her loves that she bites and zones out, and it’s the fucking cutest thing ever! I love her too much.
- Jammin’ Reggae Fest. After months of insane prep and chaos, it all came together beautifully, and I met some truly incredible people. The feeling of love at the festival was overwhelming, and I was in such a good place that day. I was exhausted when I went to bed, but I was so happy.
- Driving home alone on a Sunday night, through the Durbanville winelands, watching a full moon rising, and being left speechless at the beauty the Universe was giving me in that moment. It was ultimate peace, and I marvelled at the magic of it for a good 20 minutes, saying my thank yous to the Mother, before I got going again. Truly magical.
- Working with a fantastic team of incredible people. I truly couldn’t be luckier or happier.
- Being utterly exhausted after a crazy couple of weeks, but knowing what we pulled off in that time, thus making the exhaustion worthwhile.
- 14-hour recovery naps and the feeling of crisp freshness the next day.
- Knowing certain truths in my soul and having them confirmed, without even having to ask. Always trust that intuition, friends. Drown out the heart and the mind, and listen to that gut, and you’ll never go wrong.
- Mama Boo being the best housemate ever. We just get it all right, and I challenge anyone to find a better deal.
- Finally feeling like I’m getting my mojo back. Despite the exhaustion and trying times, I’m finding me again, and goddamn, it feels good!
- In that same vein, knowing my power.
- A perfect Sunday, consisting of sleeping until I woke up naturally (with no alarm), feeling fresh and ready for the day, a sneaky glass of beer on my morning travels, a good giggle with a friend, a nap, reading in my cool room on a hot day, a walk on the beach and a delicious late lunch to round it all off. Glorious!
- Honouring my truth, even if it’s hard. I can’t hide from it and I can’t deny it, so why not just embrace it and be it?
- A soaking wet scarf to wrap around myself on a stinking hot day. We’ve had a little heatwave in the Cape the last few days, and I loathe the heat. Like, LOATHE it. My only relief last night was wrapping a wet scarf around my melting naked body and laying under an open window. Did the trick just in time, and I finally got the sleep I thought would never come.
- Foggy and misty mornings which make my writing juices flow.
- And finally, for this week, I’m grateful for gratitude. Knowing that despite the challenges, there’s always something good out there, and that it’s not that difficult to find, makes me so happy with life.
I’d love to hear what’s made your week grand! Drop a comment on the Facebook page or just in the box below. Share the love, Boolings!