Friday, September 23, 2011
I know, I know! *shameface* It’s not Wednesday, so this isn’t Wednesday Wonders. It’s not Thursday, so it’s not TiLT either. But it’s Friday. So you’re getting it all in the shape of Friday Fangs! Ha!!
It’s been a bit of a weird week, and before I put pen to paper and started writing down what I have to be grateful for this week, I wasn’t convinced that there was very much. But once I started writing, I realized that it wasn’t so bad after all! What a nice surprise! So, here is the (longer than anticipated) list of things that made me happy this week:
* Eve, of Madam & Eve fame, is Playmaid of the Year. I think this is supremely awesome! Check out the cover:
* The Silly Walk. Dinee and I have a stretch on our walking route that demands that we do the Silly Walk. It’s an epic power wiggle, downhill, and produces screeches of laughter from the guys playing soccer in the park. Every. Time. Love it!
* My awesome, spectacular friends, for tolerating my out-of-breath freak outs and talking me through them, at any time of the day or night. You guys rock, and I honestly don’t know what I would do without you. Thank you!
* Miss Boo Originals sales! Woot-to-the-Ski!!
* This picture
* Being super-prepared for the next market (which is on Sunday, if you didn’t see). I’m freaking out that I seem to have things under control, because I never have anything under control, and now I’m panicking that I’ve forgotten something crucial. But, with the help of my lists, I’ve ensured that everything is truly, honestly, under control. Eeeep!
*Can I get a ‘Touch Wood’ just to be safe, people?
* Planning my outfit for a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party birthday party tomorrow. It’s gonna be so much of fun! Plus, I’m looking forward to catching up with some friends I haven’t seen in a while. Yippee!!!
* The bright, lush green that’s sprawling throughout Jozi at the moment. Yay Spring!!!
* Vanilla sponge, cream and fresh strawberry cake. NOM! Thanks Cath!
* Singing & playing the tambourine at Angie’s Pamper Party. She had no idea what we had planned for her, so when we started singing, it was awesome! And shortly after that, this happened:
|As Marina put it, everyone pissed from their eyes. It was awesome!!|
* The ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz are on sale (!!!!!) Go here if you want them and have $2m - $3m to spare.
* Walking my suburb flat on Sunday for no reason other than that it was a beautiful day not to be wasted lying in bed until lunch time. It was glorious!
* My newly levitating Buddha
* My Blackberry isn’t working
* A new story idea. I’m SO excited to get started on it!!
* Realising that I’m not the world’s most obsessed Nick Cave fan-girl. I forgot that yesterday was Nick Cave’s birthday. Mmmphff. Ridiculously, I feel like a failure at being a fan-girl now. O_o (Hangs head in shame)
* Unleashing my inner nerd and having a proper laugh about random nerdy stuff with functional nerds. (Think Leonard, not Sheldon or Raj. Or even Howard.)
* The Springboks. I love them. Our boys are playing like legends, and I just….. love them.
* Miss Boo Originals. Just the whole concept has got me SO freaking excited right now, and all the ideas and creations and concepts and upcoming opportunities! Winning!
* My glue gun. It’s little and using it has given me calluses, but I just love it.
* The countdown to turquoise hair. Only two weeks now!!!
Little things which made me smile this week:
* Glee. I’m such a Gleek * Getting dirty * Being organized * Lists * The new Lady Antebellum album * The Gautrain. It’s awesome. That is all *
So, my little Boo-ettes, what's made you smile this week??
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Well, September is in full swing now; the Silly Season has begun! Unfortunately, from now until the end of the year, it's going to be a starter of disorder, followed by mains of chaos and a side of mayhem, and we can finish off with a desert platter of burn out and exhaustion. I can't wait, can you??
To keep from losing what little I have left of my mind, I'm determined to post weekly gratitude lists until the end of the year. Just so I have a reason to touch base once a week and breathe. So, for the past week, here are the things that have kept me out of the deep end:
* Crafters markets. We’ve done one, and have another two in the pipeline for the next couple of weeks, which is keeping me up at night with excitement
* Secret projects for darling friends who are getting hitched soon. SOoOoOoO much of fun! I can’t wait to tell you what we’ve got up to for this one!
* Rocky Horror Picture Show and Eet-Sum-Mores, for old time’s sake
* Fired Up. I honestly wasn’t expecting much, but I ended up really enjoying this! “We are crashing, we, we are crashing!” I die.
* Having long, random conversations over a packet of Flings. With a not-yet-two-year-old. O_o
* Riaan Cruywagen hates bad ads - I've always said this guy is at least one part vampire. Now, thanks to this, he's also one part awesome.
* Putting on a pair of jeans this morning that haven’t fit me for over a year!!
* Karma. She’s only a bitch if you are. I’ve seen her repay bitches in such spectacular fashion in the last few weeks that I’ve been left speechless. If you didn’t already know, that’s pretty damn rare for me!
* The Springboks!
Oh man, Sunday’s game, SA’s first of the World Cup, was tight! I needed extra anxiety meds after that close shave! But damn, those boys played their hearts out and made us proud all the same. My heart swells with patriotism and pride when I see them.
* Fitting into my original Springbok t-shirt again. For the first time in about two years. For the win!!!! Can’t wait to wear it on Friday now! Wootski!
* Re-introducing my organizing system into my cupboard. Mister Boo, the darling, packed my washing away for me while I was away on Saturday, but he kinda did it wrong. So last night, I started tidying and re-sorting stuff, and I’m feeling so inspired now, I can’t wait to try out new outfits! Shopping your own closet really can be rewarding! Haha
* Realising that, even though I am coveting a certain dress, and the upcoming wedding is a great excuse to get it, I don’t really need to spend money I don’t have, because I have the perfect outfit in my very own closet. (I did establish this fact before doing the reorganizing, though, so ten points for that!)
* My Rob Brezsny horoscope. I usually end up so fired up after reading the weekly mailer that I don’t know what to do with myself.
* The Gautrain. I had my first ride on it on Saturday, and LOVED it! It was super cool and super fun and super fast! And trust me, if I could do it solo, it’s SUPER user-friendly!
* Okay, this is just inifinitely awesome.
|Mysterious Paper Sculptures|
* Mister Boo’s new song for me, in light of discovering that I’m (less than a month) older than my current favourite, Pierre Spies. The song is called ‘Suiker Mama’ (Sugar Mommy)
* Amy D’s random dreams featuring me and the hottie from work. We laughed like hormonal teenagers when she told me! Haha
* Everyobody loves crabby-Magical Trevor!
Little things which made me smile
* “He can Tannie me all. night. long.” * Choc-Strawberry Energy Bars – NOM! * Last night’s yellow moon * The first rains of the season! I slept sooooooo well last night!!! * Breaking news to someone and it not going quite as badly as I feared it might. Phew!!! * Walking for longer as it stays light later! Awesomeness! * Budget-enforced healthy eating. The Universe is getting me to do this, one way or another! * Outfit planning * Getting in touch with two chains to get Miss Boo Originals in them. Fingers crossed, y’all! * DIY Schedules that fit in my notebook * Listening to ‘Dig! Lazarus, Dig!!’ in the mornings * The way Nick Cave’s voice and lyrics centre me * Sleeping exceptionally well the last few nights. Yay! * Taking no crap from anyone * Not having to go and buy new jeans now that I fit into my old-new ones * Long term step-by-step goal setting *
|Don't mind if I do.....!|
* Springbok manicures!
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
In the same vein of the list of things I wanted to achieve in July, I’ve got a couple of things I intend to do in Spring. A list with a time limit as short as 30 days stressed me out a little (I’m a weird one, in case you were wondering!), so I think a slightly longer time frame would be better for me. Here are the things I want to achieve in the next three months:
* Donate blood
* Finally have that jumble sale of clothes and shoes I pulled from my closet
* Clean the office and develop a system that will keep it tidy and inspiring
* Keep my inspiration board(s) up to date and interesting
* Sell Miss Boo Originals like a mad woman
* Grow the Miss Boo brand into something sustainable
* Start to recycle properly at home
* Get my next tattoo(s)
|* Learn calligraphy|
* Sing, even if it’s off key
* Try lighter, softer make up
* Write. Once a week, at least.
* Listen to one album that is totally different to what I usually listen to.
|* Wear more bindis|
* Frolic in the sun
* Lie on the grass and just watch the clouds change shape and colour as the sun sets or rises
* Squeal as I embark on my first swim of the season, after the first rains
* Dance in the rain (Preferably in the first rains of the season)
* Predict hail
* Pack lunch every single day for at least a month* *They say it only takes a month to form a habit, so if I can get it right in lazy spring weather, then I can get it right forever! Mwahahahahaha *cough*
|* Drink a glass of lemon water in the morning, instead of coffee|
* Walk every morning for 15 minutes, and every evening for 30
* Paint my nails once a week
* Not get super-impatient with my hair in between salon visits
* Play my guitar at least twice a week.
* Finish learning ‘About a Girl’ on my guitar
* Light candles and incense and just be. (Preferably outside)
* Squeal at my first sighting of Orion
* Take photos of Orion as soon as I spot it
* Go to a sporting event – preferably rugby
* Remember to let go and just breathe
* String twinkling fairy lights up everywhere I can get away with it
|* Wear flower crowns|
* Dance. Outside. Under the stars.
* Wear heels at least once a week.
* Fix my handbag
* Write a letter. A proper one. Pen-to-paper, with little illustrations and everything!
* Apply sunblock religiously
* De-fuzz regularly
* On that note, only use sharp razors and fresh facial sponges
What do you want to do this Spring that is non-negotiable?