I've been in such a marvelous mood the last few weeks! Here are a few things that have put such a big grin on my face:
* Busy, fun-filled weekends. There have been SO. MANY! Birthdays, parties, gigs, and general craziness. I love it! I'm a much happier bunny when I'm around noisy people and music and sunshine or neon rays.
* This outfit, which made me feel quite a lot like a rock star:
|Blurry coz I'm awesome (?) Grumpy face coz I'm concentrating. And it was morning.|
* 8BitStereo. Yes, one of my best mates plays in the band. No, that doesn't make me biased. Yes, they're awesome! Check them out here and here if you're in Joburg and keen for a jol. Come and dance around like you're crazy and carefree!
* The Black Cat Bones. OMG. Months ago, I heard about these guys from a friend whose music knowledge and taste leaves me in awe, and I kept my eyes peeled for a gig. Funny that they happened to be on the same bill as 8BitStereo the night we headed off to the 'Vale to check them out. DOUBLE SQUEE. I may have lost my voice a little yelling for them. I definitely danced blisters into my feet. Wow. Wow. Wow. It was like watching Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Joe Cocker, Screamin' Jay Hawkins and Nick Cave all squished into one. I was blown away completely. I'm now the very proud owner of a Black Cat Bones CD and t-shirt. I also play *everyone* the CD at any opportunity. I've been told that I get the crazy eyes when I talk about them. The word ‘fervent’ has been mentioned. A lot.
* My girl Ash is coming to Jozi in TEN DAYS!!! I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper stoked about this, not only because I haven't seen her since June, but because we're taking her to Doors. And then, in our superbly hung-over state, we will be doing a photo shoot the next day. I can't wait!! There has been avid planning of outfits, concepts and props, as well as crazy activities.
* Jeremy Loops. OMG. We saw this dude play on Sunday, and I was absolutely speechless. I can't explain how amazing he is. You just have to check him out.
* I've been growing my hair out, as you may have noticed. I decided that it was time for a change, and I've somehow managed to grit my teeth and get through the worst of the growing out crap. Using Bergamot oil on my hair every time I wash seems to have sped up the growing process quite a lot, because I went from having a half-shaved head in February to almost-shoulder-length now. And now that it's long, I'm having so much fun playing with it! I can straighten it, I can curl it, I can tie it up in a pony tail... It's awesome!
* Learning new crochet stitches and putting them into practice in awesome style. I've been making beanies and ... well, all sorts of things you can't know about just yet. Let's just say I'm playing nicely. :D
The little things
* Park Acoustics * The Dollfins (Who we saw at the last Park Acoustics) - In My Head * Salad weather, and actually wanting salad! * Plain white fingernails * Hallowe'en planning * Dolphin Stampede * Hat parties and all the craziness that goes with them * Call Me Maybe - theChatroulette version (This is one of the funniest videos I have watched in a very. long. time. I LOVE IT!!) * Two Dogs, by Mister Boo's doppelganger, Arno Carstens *
So tell me, Boolings, what's made you happy this week? Leave a comment; I'd love to know! (Maybe I'm just nosy, but I like to think of it as joy-sharing).