Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday Wonders - 13.4.2011



Well, that picture pretty much sums up how I feel about the past week. It's been crazy, it's been wild, it's been pretty damn fucked up. But through it all, I've managed to find a whole lotta things to keep smiling about. It might be a crazy smile. It might be the kind of smile that makes you want to back away slowly and bolt into the darkness as soon as you're out of arm's length, listening for the sound of a twig snapping behind you. Or a chainsaw. 
Still, I'm smiling. This is why:

* Doors on Friday night. The party was a bit of a dud - hello, 5 Nirvana songs at a Kurt Cobain tribute party? Fail. - but it was so good to see everyone again, and catch up with friends I haven't seen in aaaaaages. And to jam around to part of 'Roadhouse Blues' by The Doors. Until the stupid DJ cut it to play some dumbass wiki-wrr song that everyone hated. Pffft.




* Wardrobe organising! Yay! It was actually quite a lot of fun, given that the seasons are changing and I pulled out stuff I forgot I own. I put together outfits in my mind, tried stuff on, gave away a stack and re-categorised my cupboard. (Yes, I'm that anal about my clothes. Deal with it!)

* Visiting my sister and brother-in-law on Sunday! I haven't seen them since before they went down to Cape Town for the Argus, so we had soooo much to catch up on! It was so great to be with family again.

* On a related note: 1 MORE SLEEP TILL BREN, MEGS AND MARK ARRIVE! Excited much? *pops*


* I booked my ticket to Aus on Friday!!!!! Fuck yea! Wooohooo! Now to find the dress and shoes.... Hmmmm.... Iron Fist? Any help?


* This Iron Fist t-shirt.

I die
 * The Lovely Bones. I've been dying* to get my hands on the book for months now, but in the meantime, I watched the movie on Saturday night. Of course, Maja Boo and Mista Boo think I'm even creepier and weirder than they did before, but hey... I can live with that. It was a spectacular story, and a beautifully shot movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it. *excuse the pun

* I picked up my guitar last night, after guiltily letting it gather dust for a while. I was floored to find out that I remember what I learnt last year, and played away for about an hour. And then: I played around with another song and kind of taught myself using the notes I have and my iPod. FOR THE FUCKING WIN!!! (Granted, it's an easy song, but I'm so soooooper-amped about that!)

* This morning, I put on a tunic that's always been a little tight around the tummy. And... IT FLOWS RIGHT OVER MY TUMMY!!! I did a little dance of joy and woke Mista Boo up with my squeeing. WIN!

yay
* Finding a crow's feather in reception a couple of days ago, just when I was feeling low about missing my Daddy. The next day, I saw a family of crows living on the roof of the building opposite my office. Yay!

* Talking about crows, I have finally taken the first step in the half-sleeve process. I've asked a very good friend, whose art is spectacular, to take a few ideas and put them into a sketch for me. I'm so fucking excited about this!

* Moths. Yes, bugs have been the bane of my existence, but I've been trying to figure out why they're following me around so much lately. Especially the moths. Mista Boo would say something now about the Mothman Prophecies, and maybe I'm going to be the subject of a movie that doesn't live up to its hype. Which could still happen. BUT, I did a little research on the symbolism of moths, and here's a rundown of what I found:
  ~ They represent determination, attraction, subtlety, intuition and faith, among other things.
  ~ In the absence of moon-light, the moth moves on to man-made light; even at the risk of losing its life, the moth is ever vigilant in following its path of light. This may serve as a moral to us to keep our own vigilance, but not fall victim to blind faith.
  ~ Because the moth is guided by the moon, and will follow it at any cost, it represents psychic awareness, but reminds us to follow the signs along our path while still keeping our destination in mind.
  ~ They remind us that we don't have to be overt in our dealings with others. They are masters of camouflage, and we can learn from them that we don't have to reveal everything immediately.


I see you!

Little things which made me smile this week:

* Last night's workout - FEEL THE BURN * Chai (I refuse to say chai tea, because that's saying tea-tea, which is just rude.) * Gala is giving away a light up fucking tutu. Holy crap. If Steph didn't specifically say "Long black dress" as a bridesmaid's dress, I would SO hit this as an option! * This Iron Fist dress * Packing lists for Aus. LISTS LISTS LISTS. My spontaneous side just threw up on itself. * Knowing that, even though it's been almost two years since he left us, my Daddy is still with me. I feel him with me, and when I'm feeling really bleak, the radio somehow plays songs that make me think of him and smile instead of being as sad. * To appease the spontaneous side of me which is rolling its eyes at every list I make, I went on a little spur-of-the-moment lunch time shopping trip. And I got some pretty cool items, for not very much money. So yay! *

So, shnuggums, what's made you happy this week?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment