Well, world... They say I’m 26 now. I don’t believe them though. As far as I’m concerned, I will repeat Age 25 because I didn’t quite meet the standards for it. I need another year to get it right, and then I can skip Age 26, and move right on to 27. So, that’s my big plan for the next 362 days. That’s 52 weeks of Wednesday Wonders! Here’s this week's:
* My birthday party! The theme was to come as your favourite literary character or author, and, while some people predictably flaked out, the usual crowd went above and beyond and made for some pretty awesome pictures. It was a bit like a Hogwarts reunion… can you tell we’ve all embraced our inner children?!
* Coming up with explanations as to how I turned 25 last year and again this year, and intend to turn 27 next year. I’m not sure why, but I’m all ‘iffy’ about 26, and don’t want to be it!
* My new hair! I had Nicky virtually all to myself on Saturday, which was fabulous for catch-up time, and, as always, she did a fantastic job. I love it so hard!
* I got anuda shoe!*
And, would you believe it, they’re from GREEN CROSS!?! *Cue the ‘I’m-awesome’ face
* The new crochet wool and cotton La gave me for my birthday. It’s awesome! AND it’s birthed a whoooole heap of new ideas.
* This picture, which made me grin like a gorilla with a piece of fresh fruit.
|Via Polyvore, I think|
* Noticing that the daylight hours are getting a little longer every day. Finally!
* Walking! Dinee and I finally – FINALLY – got our asses into gear (literally) and started walking again. Bliss! It’s so awesome to be out in the open, breathing crisp, cold air and feeling it burn my lungs in the evening again. Added bonus: Maja Boo is going to join us from today! Can I get a Whoop-Whoop?!
* My new plum-coloured throw I got from my sister for my birthday, and the matching pink-and-purple vases. J’adore!
* Sleeping like the dead when I’m absolutely exhausted. Win!
* Birthday Craziness in all its forms
* Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
|Via Google Images|
* Long cross-country phone-calls with one of my best friends. I MISS YOU SIMBA!!
* This video , featuring the above-mentioned Simba!
* Watching the waiters at the restaurant over the road having tray-spinning contests.
* It's 42 years today since the Apollo Lunar landing!
|You saw me standing alone|
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
Go look at the moon tonight and wave. Or bounce lasers off it. Just don't blow it up, mkay? Bitchin'.
* One of my oldest friends is probably coming to visit for a couple of days in September and I’m so super stoked! I can’t wait!!!! I haven’t seen him since 2008, and there’s SO much to catch up on!
* The awesome new scarf Angie’s Mama made for my birthday. It ‘s SUPER warm and has a funky-ass pendant on it too.
Little things that made me smile:
* “He’s got such a chip on his shoulder and I’d like to be the one to knock it off!” * “Do you speak anything but caveman??” “Grunt grunt.” * Plans… and forcing myself to make them happen. * Lists * Jello Shots * Roxanne. The song and the drinking game. * Rolling in the Deep using nothing but his voice * My awesome friends * Feeling excited about stuff for the first time in a while. Wooten! *
* History behind this phrase: When I was 19, I had the world’s coolest boss. He was crazy and full of crap and soooo much fun. It was around this time I started to develop my shoe obsession, and he used to tease me mercilessly about it. One very hungover morning, he called me into his office. My head was pounding and I was hanging like a bat, and I was worried I’d made some faux pas that had got me into trouble. When I walked in, he was sitting on my mom’s desk (she was his PA) with a cup of coffee in his hand. He handed me a coffee and took a sip of his as he mumbled what sounded like “Have you got anuda (another) shoe?” Incidentally, I was wearing new shoes, so I looked down and sheepishly said, “Yeeeeees… Aren’t they pretty?” Everyone burst out laughing, and once he’d wiped the tears of mirth from his face, he gasped out, “I wanted to know if you had an attitude, because you have to have one to work here. But clearly, you do!” Cue round two of rolling on the floor with laughter. Ever since then, when I get new shoes, they’re greeted with ‘Anuda shoe?’ from Maja Boo or me.
So darlings, what's made you happy this week? Let me know in the comments!