This week has been one of the coldest we've had in Joburg so far this year! And it's been quite damp, which rocks my world too. I am a winter baby, and usually revel in the cold weather, but this year winter has been getting me down. But the misty, grey damp has lubricated the mind and the cogs are turning again. Yay! So here's my list of things that have made me happy this week:
* Neko Case ft. Nick Cave - She's Not There (For True Blood). Oh holy crap, I read about this a while ago, but couldn't find it. It was one of the first things I listened to on Monday morning, and it totally rocked my world. I want to live inside the chorus!!!!
* My new biker boots. *Thanks for the heads-up, Ash!!!
* Hearing my friends talk about the things I create as 'Miss Boo Originals' on various separate occasions. It makes everything - all the goals and all the hard work - seem that much more tangible. Plus, it makes me squee inside and feel like I took a bath in glitter.
* Rocking the crochet. I'm loving it. I made Maja Boo a scarf over the weekend, and am now working on arm-warmers, scarves and beanies. Eep!
* Hearing my friends say that I inspire them. I'm not the kind of girl who is often left speechless, but dayum you guys! Way to make me feel all warm and tingly! *blush*
* Finally supporting a rugby team that won! I know, I know... I ‘should have been supporting the Stormers', because they were the last SA team in the Super 15 that could have done us proud, but I just can't do it. I guess it's Daddy Boo's influence shining through, but I just can't bring myself to shout for them. So, instead, I shouted for the Crusaders.
And yes, this....
(I even wore my Crusaders Supporters Gear.)
* Seeing my girl Jess! We've been friends since we were little, and have a good knowledge of each other, courtesy of biting each other to bits when we scrapped. Now, she's on her way to stardom. It was so cool seeing her again, and finally getting our shit together and going out for a bit of a jol. Yay!
* Playing some pretty decent pool, if I do say so myself. Instead of being an absolute disaster and sinking the white ball or my opponent's ball on most shots, I actually managed some pretty awesome shots, which worked out they way I'd planned! AND I won a couple of games, which I haven't done in AAAAAGES! So yay on all fronts! I had a really good time playing pool, and playing well, and intend to refine my skills again, because I love it so much.
* Listening to Nick Cave in the early morning cold. I wait for my lift for around half an hour in the mornings, which is usually when I catch up on my reading. Yesterday morning, I couldn't get into the book, which is set in sunny California. In summer. So instead, I pulled out my mp3 player, hit 'Nick Cave' and drifted off into my favourite alternate dimension. It's becoming apparent that Nick Cave is still the one person who can take away my morning grumbles. And he doesn't even know it!
* Reading through old journals and seeing how much I've changed and grown in so many ways.
* Having a fellow crazy-person at work, who not only gets the whole loopiness thing, but also enjoys it.
* Feeling like a total bad-ass rock star at Sunday's family lunch. And hearing from everyone, who I haven't seen for a while, that I'm looking good. And also hearing that I'm still an inspiration to my brother in law in my determination to get healthy.
* Caramel sponge cake. Iced with caramel. (For the record, it was someone's birthday at work, and I only had one little slice! Honest! He even told me to take a bigger slice.)
Little things which made me smile:
* Rising above pettiness and sniping * Heidi's tattoo designs are still blowing my mind * My purple fingerless gloves. I loves them! * Planning Paris Pilgrimages * Cute, adoring grampas. All together now: Aaaaaaw! * My new keyboard, including a functional space bar. Yayness. * My electric blanket. As much as I love the cold, I like to be warm in my little bed-cave. The electric blanket makes it the hottest bed-cave EVER * Rolling in the Deep. The song that never fails to tell me I'm doing the right thing when I'm doing it! *
I'd love to hear what's made you smile this week... leave your list in the comments box!