Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday Wonders - 15.6.2011

Now that I'm back and getting into a bit of a routine again, I'm getting back into the swing of  Wednesday Wonders. While I was away, I missed compiling my list of gratitude, so this ones a bit of a bumper edition! Enjoy!!!



* In my best Oprah voice: AUSTRAAAAAAAALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!  
*blink*blink*  Wow. I truly never thought I'd be saying that, but I really did enjoy my time there and, weirdly enough, I wouldn't mind going back & taking Mister & Maja Boo with me next time!

* Sitting back & enjoying the flights both there & back. Turbulence be damned!

* Just-legal barmen who look like a clean version of Kurt Cobain

* Girl-time. To the MAX. It was soooo great to pick up with old friends. The three of us haven't been together for nine years (!!!!), and I haven't seen Steph for at least five, so there was a lot of catching up to do, and what made it so awesome was that the time seemed to fall away immediately. It was like I'd seen them both just last week :)

* Pure Blonde Beer


* My beautiful friend's incredible wedding

* On that note, Steph's wedding photographers. Such a laugh!

* Getting together with my friends when I got home for home-cooked Spaghetti Bolognaise, red wine and crazy games of 30 Seconds

* The Universe presenting me with an opportunity to practice what I preach and learn something new from the past

* The looks on Mister Boo's and Maja Boo's faces as I walked out of International Arrivals on Friday evening.

* On that note, the huuuuuuuge hug Mister Boo gave me when I walked out into the arrivals area! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!!

* Getting some rest & letting my body recover

* Dirty boys on the train in Sydney - mmmmmmmm.....

* Having my full wardrobe at my fingertips again! Oh variety, how I missed you!

* The Chronicles of Nathan, the Cheap-Ass Creep

* Scratching the back and tummy of a koala and a kangaroo

* Easing back into work with a 4-day week. Thanks, Youth Day!

* Getting to really enjoy the Super 15 again. And the Bulls won, to boot!

* This one's featured on Wednesday Wonders before, but Adele's Rolling in the Deep became an Aus Anthem for Ash & I, so it's on the list again

* Looking up at a sky thick with stars

* Telling off a creep with class & dignity, but getting the message across clearly and in true Joburg style

* Feeling all awesomed out

Little things that made me smile:

* Treble Clef Earrings * Killing Kebble * "There's no place like home" * Greg Norman * In-grown nail relief * Skull earrings * Benoksburg * Kelly's on King * Sleeping on my own pillow * Snake earrings * My futon-cave in Stephy's house * That 70's Show marathons * Ash: "He looks like Victor Matfield meets Mick Jagger." Steph: "He looks like he needs a bath." Me: "I volunteer to give him one!" * My awesome didgeridoo * The Orient * Big Bang Theory ('Bazinga!') * Blue Valentine *

No comments:

Post a Comment