Thursday, March 3, 2011

Today it's TiLT


Source Unknown

So I didn’t manage to do a Wednesday Wonders list yesterday, because by the time I got home, I was absolutely exhausted! It was a highly hectic, but mostly satisfying day.
On to the things that I’ve loved in the past week:

* New (still-secret) plans

* Shopping with focus

* My new big floppy black felt hat that is simultaneously wonderously witchy and beautifully bohemian

* Knowing, despite the still very warm weather, that autumn has officially begun, and once we get through the wind next month, I can crack open the winter wardrobe in all its glory!

* Clear, fresh skies on early Saturday morning walks

* Walking almost every day and noticing the difference in my body and wardrobe, both in how they look and how they feel

* Spending a good portion of Wednesday walking from appointment to appointment and feeling fit. Also: cheesily cosmopolitan

* Spending a whole extra day with Mista Boo! Yay!

* Wardrobe clean-outs and re-organising (this is a work in progress, but so far, it’s made a huge difference to how I’m dressing!)

* 2 impromptu braais in one weekend with equally awesome people

* Australia plans! Leave’s been approved, Visa application is in! Now to sit back and plan this party!

* Not letting the frustrations that faced us yesterday (being sent to the wrong place to do our learners – again – and having to run around more than planned for my Visa application)

*I’m still kinda digging the new-ish Kings of Leon, Pyro (* beep * beep * beep* Hidden Hipster Alert! * beep * beep * beep *)

* Mila Kunis’ Oscar dress.

Source
Can we just talk about this for a second? This girl is just hit after hit after hit. Even her so-called ‘duds’ rock my world! But that lilac dream-dress… It was, in my humble opinion, the best dress of the night. Who would have thought snarky little Jackie from That 70’s Show would clean up so well?

* Trying to teach myself to be more patient and not be so quick to take up snappy words and looks. This too is a work in progress.

Little things that made me smile this week:

* Finding the perfect phrase for a tattoo… From 90210 – ha! * Being taken aback by Jude Law’s gorgeous accent in the car on the way to work … Oh my! * Gorgeous men behaving like excited shy little boys * "Friends to the power of awesome!" * Still planning my tattoo-masterpiece * Being most productive and creative in the early morning and late at night. I just can’t do the middle of the day. That should be my sleep time! * Getting our office gleaming and tidy, just waiting to be put to work again * Sister time! * New tablets! Yay! * Drops of Jupiter by Train (Yes, still. I’ll never get over that song.) * Stealing kisses in random places, like FNB in Rosebank, Randburg Licensing Dept. and the Australian Visa Application Centre * Walking around my city and feeling a part of it again * Letting go of drama * Quietly testing how long I can go without shopping for stuff I don’t need * Lying on Maja Boo’s bed and planning what we’re going to do when we win the Lotto * Seeing my new year’s (r)evolutions happening every day * Not actually wanting to live in a cluttered environment anymore. Now to get down to actually de-cluttering… Gah! *

What made you grin like a grizzly bear with a fresh salmon this week? Share in the comments!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment